The process of evaluating businesses and projects to determine their performance and financial suitability is known as Financial Analysis. It is basically used to analyze whether an entity is stable, liquid, or profitable enough to sanction a monetary investment. There are two major types of financial analysis when approaching investment in the stock market: “Fundamental Analysis” and “Technical Analysis”.
Financial analysis, both Fundamental and basics of technical analysis, are crucial as they provide an idea to investors on investing their funds in a particular company. It is also helpful to government agencies in analyzing the taxes owed to the firm.
WHAT ARE THE IMPORTANT FEATURES OF TECHNICAL ANALYSIS AND FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS?
- With fundamental analysis, an investor uses all the available data that affects a company economically, to gauge a share’s value. It can be qualitative (intangibles, like the quality of the company, brand value/recognition, management of the company) or quantitative (numbers like dividends, earnings, sales and book values of the company). This, on the whole, helps an investor know more about the financial health of a company.
- In technical analysis, an investor assumes “it is all in the price”. The historical price data from the charts, act as a guide to the future. The charts by itself, as it is believed, offers a visual summary of what a stock has been doing. A few technical indicators are MA’s, Oscillators, Volume measures, etc.
- Fundamental analysis assumes that share prices will reflect fundamentals in the long run. It tells an investor nothing about timing, and it is time-consuming as well.
- Technical analysis, however, clues an investor into factors like sentiment or speculation, while also informing the right timing for an investment, unlike the fundamentals approach.
– While both types of analysis are used for researching and forecasting future trends in stock prices, both have their advocates and adversaries.
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TECHNICAL ANALYSIS AND FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS?
- Fundamental analysis uses ratios gathered from data within the financial statements, such as a company’s earnings per share (EPS) to determine the intrinsic value of a security or value of a business.
- Technical analysis assumes a security’s value is already determined by its price, where the only inputs are the stock’s price and volume, while it focuses instead, on trends in value over time.
- Technical analysis attempts to understand the market sentiment behind price trends by looking for patterns rather than analyzing a security’s fundamental attributes.
- The fundamental analysis approach does not look at short term pricing and trading swings, hence this is considered a long term investment approach.
- Technical analysis is considered far more of a short term methodology.
- Fundamental analysis is all about investing in companies and relying on their underlying value to drive your returns.
- Technical analysis is a trading strategy where you are aiming to drive returns out of identified trends and opportunities.
- Earnings, expenses, assets, and liabilities are all important characteristics to fundamental analysts.
- Technical analysts generally use only stock charts to identify patterns and trends that suggest what a stock will do in the future.
- Day trading, swing trading, options trading is possible in Technical analysis.
- Surveys show short-term, rather active traders and panic traders going for a technical approach over fundamental, while the markets move more on the fundamentals.
To conclude, one approach cannot be called better than the other. Both fundamental and technical analysis go hand-in-hand as one is said to be a reflection of the other. This is because if one has great charts, it automatically means great fundamentals as well, and vice-versa. It is just a matter of personal preferences and trading styles, and what one likes to look at while evaluating stocks and investments.
- Relevant factors considered in Fundamental analysis include:
- Revenues, expenses, and income
- Growth prospects of the company
- The competitive factors a company faces
- Expected return on equity or assets in the industry
- Relevant factors considered in Technical analysis include:
- Historical pricing of the shares
- Trading volumes over time
- Industrial trading trends
Looking for a trading platform with great exposure and reasonable pricing?
ARIHANT CAPITALS, Indore is your answer. It is one such full-service stockbroker launched and trusted since the year 1992. This security broker is associated with NSE and BSE. They provide a platform to trade in equity, commodity, and forex, and have has around 1100 sub-broker and franchise offices across India. They have had around 22,700 active clients in the year 2017. They offer financial services for Demat, investment banking service, and merchant banking, alongside a decent research quality in terms of recommendations and debts, while their pricing is reasonable beyond doubt.
They also offer a wide variety of trading and investment products to their clients, such as:
- Depository services
- Mutual funds
- NRI Services
In addition to the various above mentioned products, Arihant Capital has also developed various in-house trading platforms for their clients, like for instance:
- In-house developed mobile trading app ‘Ari Mobile app’ where users can trade across multiple segments and exchanges.
- A web-based trading application called ‘Invest Ease’ available across devices.
- The terminal-based trading platform ‘Ari-trade speed’ generally suitable for heavy traders who prefer high-speed trading platforms with quick tap feature executions.
Arihant Capital offers attractive plans to engage its customers and maximum trading:
- Trading account is provided free of cost to boost trading.
- Traders are provided with a discount on brokerage.
- Traders are provided with flexible brokerage plans to allow selecting plans as per requirement.
- Holiday Offers are also rewarded to all customers.
- The full-service stockbroker provides communication channels like:
- Webform assistance
- Phone number
- Offline branches
Following are the benefits offered to clients who wish to continue with Arihant Capitals:
- As a full-service stockbroker, they are offered fair prices.
- Equity, depository services, currency derivatives, IPOs, mutual funds, online trading, bonds, etc. are offered at the Arihant security regardless of what investment services and products one might want.
- A wide range of trading platforms supports every device.
- Professional representative in finance helps build a personalized portfolio and trading.
- Appointed experts with skilled financial planners for planning financial opportunities.
- Various financial modules offered for investments and trading.
- Center of knowledge and understanding for newcomers and beginners for trading.
- Accessibility to various customer problem resolution channels.
- Attractive investment opportunities to assist with major market patterns.